Provence: land of vine yards, olive trees, plane trees, fountains, markets, coasts and beautiful vistas. Hikers, cyclists, motorcyclists, everyone can relish here.
Within a radius of 40 kilometers from “Le Hameau de Golf” will find:
- Maximin, with an extensive regional market, old streets and a beautiful Gothic basilica. The adjacent former convent now houses a hotel – restaurant in a unique tranquil atmosphere.
- Aix en Provence with its famous Cours Mirabeau, the great Saturday market and the cozy squares and streets where it’s fun to shop
- La Celle, royal abbey where you can enjoy lunch or dinner at one of France’s most famous chefs Alain Ducasse
- Cassis, coastal town with beautiful coves, called Calanques. Cruises leave from the harbor. You can also embark there for a diving expedition or a day of fishing (boat captain and fishing equipment)
- The beaches of La Ciotat, Les Lecques (St. Cyr-sur-Mer), Bandol and Sanary.
For day trips we suggest: the deepest canyon in Europe: the Gorges du Verdon with Lake Ste. Croix and of course you can visit lovely Nice, famous St. Tropez, fascinating Marseille, mundane Monaco and the fragrant fields of lavender on the Valensole plateau.
Detailed information about all the places in the Provence can be found on the (French) site: http://www.provenceweb.fr
In Nans les Pins is the “Golf de la Sainte Baume.” The distance “Le Hameau du Golf” to the golf course is only 500 meters! The 18-hole golf of Sainte Baume is one of the finest courses in Europe and is suitable for players of all levels. The course is fully integrated into this typical Provencal setting and every golfer is enjoying the colors and scents of trees and shrubs.